Analyst: Walmart Selling Used Games in 500 Stores

December 3, 2010 -

According to a report on Joystiq, approximately 500 Walmart stores in the United States have started stocking used games in-store and Walmart.com is now offering them online. Joystiq cites a recent report from Lazard Capital Markets' Colin Sebastian, who in turn points to "industry checks" that reveal the data.

Walmart announced that it planned to sell used games in-store this year, along with a trade-in program. In his report, Sebastian said that Walmart would focus on "deep value end of used games" (under $20), meaning less overlap with competition like GameStop. Sebastian added that if Walmart can maintain a focus on cheaper games, the retailer could "ultimately expand the market for used games."

Source: Joystiq

Comments

Re: Analyst: Walmart Selling Used Games in 500 Stores

Wait, I'm still not quite sure what that means, by focusing on seliing games for under $20. Are they going to sell most used games, even those that normally retail at $30-40 used, for under $20, or are they just going to stick to selling the ones that normally retail at $20 used?

Cause that makes a big difference, since the latter will seriously limit their used-game library. Then again, Walmart has always had a limited library when compared with game stores like Gamestop. So regardless of price, I don't see Walmart as a major competitor in the cybernatography market, new or used.

Re: Analyst: Walmart Selling Used Games in 500 Stores

I hope it dose even if I hate walmart we need more price wars on game prices peroid.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

InfophileAged well plot-wise, I mean. The animation is showing its age, but if you don't mind that, the plot holds up quite well03/27/2015 - 6:52am
InfophileRobotech may be 30 years old, but it's actually aged pretty well. Plus, one of the three Japanese franchises that went into making it, Macross, is coming out with a new series soon. So it's far from forgotten or out-of-date03/27/2015 - 6:50am
ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm