America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

December 7, 2010 -

What does everyone want for [insert your holiday of choice here] ? According to TimetoPlayMag.com's annual "America’s Wish List: The Must-Have Toys, Games, and Video Games," everyone wants an Xbox Kinect. At least in the videogame category..

In October and November, TimetoPlay.com readers were asked to vote for their favorite items in 17 categories to create America’s Wish List. After the data was sifted through, the site picked the top choices, which are listed below by category, product, and manufacturer. For more information check out www.PeoplesPlayAwards.

• Activity Toys: Crayola Glow Explosion, Crayola
  • Sports and Outdoor Toys: Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS Blaster, Hasbro
  • Stocking Stuffer: Silly Bandz, BCP Imports, LLC
  • Tech Toys: Paper Jamz, WowWee
  • Vehicles: Hot Wheels Toy Story 3 Cars, Mattel
  • Video Games: Xbox Kinect, Microsoft

Posted in

Comments

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

I wouldn't mind getting one. I have fun with the Wii at least, and I'm eager to see what future software the Kinect gets, though Kinect is kind of a lame name.

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

Not everyone.  I don't want one.  Motion gaming is what I wasted money on a Wii for.

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

You want a Kinect?  Really?  Why?

What Kinect game do you find appealing enough to justify buying the hardware?

Andrew Eisen

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am