America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

December 7, 2010 -

What does everyone want for [insert your holiday of choice here] ? According to TimetoPlayMag.com's annual "America’s Wish List: The Must-Have Toys, Games, and Video Games," everyone wants an Xbox Kinect. At least in the videogame category..

In October and November, TimetoPlay.com readers were asked to vote for their favorite items in 17 categories to create America’s Wish List. After the data was sifted through, the site picked the top choices, which are listed below by category, product, and manufacturer. For more information check out www.PeoplesPlayAwards.

• Activity Toys: Crayola Glow Explosion, Crayola
  • Sports and Outdoor Toys: Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS Blaster, Hasbro
  • Stocking Stuffer: Silly Bandz, BCP Imports, LLC
  • Tech Toys: Paper Jamz, WowWee
  • Vehicles: Hot Wheels Toy Story 3 Cars, Mattel
  • Video Games: Xbox Kinect, Microsoft

Posted in

Comments

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

I wouldn't mind getting one. I have fun with the Wii at least, and I'm eager to see what future software the Kinect gets, though Kinect is kind of a lame name.

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

Not everyone.  I don't want one.  Motion gaming is what I wasted money on a Wii for.

Re: America's Wish List: Everyone Wants a Kinect

You want a Kinect?  Really?  Why?

What Kinect game do you find appealing enough to justify buying the hardware?

Andrew Eisen

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm
Andrew EisenGreat, but that STILL doesn't tell me what she said, why she was attacked (or what the attack was) or what "standard line" she's following. Details, man. Details!04/24/2015 - 3:25pm
Andrew EisenOr what the heck Nina White (someone else I've never heard of) is actually referring to.04/24/2015 - 3:24pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is a game dev. she used to do stuff with hormanix and now works with https://outact.net/#!/?page_id=2 she will often engage and debate both side.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew Eisen...following.04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenYou mean focus on stopping the bad behavior of those who are doing it rather than condemning all the people that associate with them? Great. But I still don't know who Emma Clarkson is, what she said, why she was attacked or what "standard line" she's04/24/2015 - 3:23pm
Matthew WilsonI think people are coming around to the idea that divide and conqueror might be a more effective method than scorched earth. scorched earth has been tried for 8 months with almost no progress, so its time try something new.04/24/2015 - 3:20pm
Andrew EisenCan you elaborate? I don't know who that is.04/24/2015 - 3:17pm
Matthew Wilsonas I understand just general difference of opinion. for example I have seen Emma Clarkson get attacked becouse she chooses to engage and debate, instead of just fallow the standard line.04/24/2015 - 3:13pm
Andrew Eisen'Cause if it's the latter, that kind of stuff should be shamed.04/24/2015 - 2:47pm
Andrew EisenAnd shaming women for being women or having an opinion or shaming specific women for exhibiting particularly repugnant attitudes or behaviors?04/24/2015 - 2:47pm
Andrew Eisen"Last few days" seems pretty specific. I honestly don't know what he's talking about. I hear that sentiment all the time but I've never actually seen an example of it.04/24/2015 - 2:46pm
Matthew Wilsonjust the general actions on both sides, but in particular those who are anti gg, but using the same tactics of harassment and shaming.04/24/2015 - 2:34pm