Report: Blizzard Dealt With Data Leak as Cataclysm Launched

December 8, 2010 -

While Blizzard was launching its biggest product of the year, behind the scenes it was having some serious problems with a data leak in China, according to a report on VentureBeat. According to that report, citing several news stories from MMOGameSite, Blizzard's release schedule and subscriber numbers were leaked from its China offices, and the general manager of the studio, Ye Weilun, was subsequently fired for it - allegedly.

The release schedule showed exact dates for several upcoming projects including the next StarCraft title, a future WOW expansion, and more. If the report is to be believed, the next World of Warcraft expansion is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2012, the World of Warcraft movie is set to debut in the fourth quarter of 2012, and a project codenamed Titan is set for a Q4 2013 release.

Comments

Re: Report: Blizzard Dealt With Data Leak as Cataclysm ...

Cat's out of the bag now.

Or, maybe the [Calico Cat] is out of [Haris Pilton's Gigantique Bag].

Either way, if it's all true, then perhaps the next expansion for WoW will be delayed (as usual) and end up beginning the apocalypse.

Hey, they said it'd be epic.

Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm