Senators Blast China on IP Enforcement

December 16, 2010 -

On Monday, two prominent U.S. Senators released a new government report (US International Trade Commission study) showing that "widespread counterfeiting and piracy in China" has had an impact on U.S. economic interests. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus and Senator Charles Grassley, who requested the report, are highlighting its findings because high-level US China trade talks are taking place this week in Washington.

"China continually fails to protect and enforce American intellectual property rights and discriminates against American businesses," Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus said in a statement that accompanied the report.

"Small steps and empty promises won't cut it when American jobs are on the line. This week's US China trade talks are the perfect opportunity for China to make serious commitments to address these issues. It is time for action," Baucus added.

Source: MoneyControl.com

Comments

Re: Senators Blast China on IP Enforcement

Is is just me, or does this just seem like loud impotence? Our Senators are "blasting" or biggest lender, e.g., our bank. We're basically people on the brink of foreclosure pounding on the bank doors and demanding that they use better stationary. It doesn't make sense.

- When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

- When you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Re: Senators Blast China on IP Enforcement

I completely agree!!!

This should be on top of China's priority list. we can overlook child labor, the lack of freedom of speech, the cencorship of internet and journalism and even the Tiananmen Square thing.  But don't you dare threathen the American jobs by discriminating against Americans by not enforcing the American laws in your country.

Nevermind the chinese people their needs, China's authorities should concentrate on saving american jobs.

Re: Senators Blast China on IP Enforcement

They're not talking about enforcing American laws in China, they're talking about enforcing international law regarding intellectual property.

Love your logic there, too.  "B is more important than A, so let's take absolutely no action on A.  Obviously a government the size of China's is incapable of addressing more than one issue at a time."

MattsworknameI have a wall of netflix shit to still watch, plus Beserek, plus some 80s stuff I just got on blue rrays06/02/2015 - 9:12pm
Andrew EisenWhen she first hosted Ubi's presser, I hadn't heard of her or Archer either. James told me to watch it. So I did (once a free Netflix trial rolled around) and I loved it!06/02/2015 - 8:58pm
MattsworknameOh, ok then, I havent seen archer06/02/2015 - 8:57pm
Andrew EisenI still say Sony should get Jerry Lambert to host its conference as the Kevin Butler character.06/02/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenMatt - She voices Lana on an animated series called Archer.06/02/2015 - 8:43pm
Matthew Wilson@AE she is probably the best e3 event host, but I still think third parties should be banned from doing press events.06/02/2015 - 8:37pm
MattsworknameWho dat?06/02/2015 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenGo with what works. Aisha Tyler is hosting Ubisoft's E3 presser again.06/02/2015 - 8:15pm
MattsworknameYou know what I miss, Final fight, I used to love those games, and then street wise came out and killed the franchise06/02/2015 - 7:22pm
DocMelonheadAE: most likely Classic.06/02/2015 - 7:06pm
MattsworknameAt this point, I worry that mega man will have to die and then be bought out from capcom before a new , true megaman game ever gets made. have to settle for Might no 9 for now06/02/2015 - 7:00pm
Andrew EisenI bet it will be based on the Legends universe, just to rub salt in the wound!06/02/2015 - 6:59pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I would rather a new game, but what do I know lol06/02/2015 - 6:56pm
MattsworknameKarp, having play bloodborne all the way to the end levels, I can attest that arin is not really good, but hes suprisingly fast at it, and he would probably be better if he was better at countering. Still fun as hell to watch them play'06/02/2015 - 6:30pm
Andrew EisenWhich Mega Man do you think this series will be based on?06/02/2015 - 5:58pm
DocMelonheadhttp://deadline.com/2015/06/mega-man-video-game-tv-animated-series-1201435971/06/02/2015 - 5:55pm
Wonderkarpit disarms them06/02/2015 - 5:48pm
Wonderkarpyeah, Arin is surprisingly really good at Bloodborne. And Danny is a cornucopia of fun stories. I also love their brilliant way of reading negative comments on their videos by reading them in the voice of Dale Gribble. I started doing it06/02/2015 - 5:48pm
Sora-ChanMaybe she's secretly a cat. Don't know, never payed the Rune Factory games, I think they were on my list of things to get years ago though..06/02/2015 - 5:46pm
MattsworknameFor those who like game grumps, there doing a long play of Bloodborne, its up to 38 episodes of fun stories and good times.06/02/2015 - 5:43pm