New Book Promises Help With Game Addiction

December 21, 2010 -

Author James Miller wants you to buy his new book and save your children. The cleverly titled book "Youth Violence An International Crisis: Fighting Violence by and Against Youth (Volume 2)," promises to help parents deal with the trials and tribulations facing children and teens today including school yard bullying, bullying by school staff and teachers, community violence and crime, human trafficking, gangs, video game addiction, assault, violence, bullying, rape, substance abuse, and much more.

At first glance one might think that Mr. Miller is anti-video game, but reading a few paragraphs from the book on Amazon reveals that he puts most of the blame on unengaged parents who are letting children be raised by video games and media. He says that parents need to take responsibility.

Of course, there is this excerpt from a press release promoting the book that did give me pause:

"He's the same James Miller who shut down a Columbine Massacre video game in 2004 and helped stop another in 2006."

Curious. It's still available here. Nevertheless, you can check out his book and buy it from Amazon.com.

Comments

Re: New Book Promises Help With Game Addiction

Self-help books in general are wastes of money.

Re: New Book Promises Help With Game Addiction

Um, no.  I will not be checking out this book.

First, this author is lying through his teeth about shutting down SCRPG.  Second, given the facts about the game, this guy is either ignorant about the game or is lying (implied) about it's "badness".  In this regard he is either lying or he is stupid- bad regardless of which it is.

Re: New Book Promises Help With Game Addiction

Hey, alt+f4 will shut down any program you are running in Windows. So he could have very well shut down SCRPG.

E. Zachary Knight