Bavaria Vetoes USK R18+ Rating for Dead Space 2

December 24, 2010 -

According to a roughly translated report in PCGames.De, Bavaria's Ministry of Social Affairs said that the PSP version of EA's Dead Space needs to be reexamined before it can be approved for release in the region (thanks Cheater87). The title must be tested for the sixth time by the USK, according to what EA told PC Games.

The objection seems to be with the multiplayer mode, which lets human players kill other human players. Germany is notorious for requiring developers and publishers to remove things like gameplay involving killing humans and blood before a game can be released in the region.

EA has filed an appeal to the decision. A rough translation of the story is available here.

Source: PCGames.De via N4G

Posted in

Comments

Re: Bavaria Vetoes USK R18+ Rating for Dead Space 2

Odd how multi player is the ONLY thing that can get it banned.Maybe if they made them aliens instead of human.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm