Motely Crue's Nikki Sixx Saves Christmas

December 24, 2010 -

Motley Crue co-founder and bassist Nikki Sixx is playing a not-so-secret Santa to children in North Carolina being treated for cancer. On December 10 a 45-year old man robbed the hospice of its console systems and games. When Sixx heard about it he decided that he needed to find a way to help. A radio host now, Sixx reached out to Sony, EA, Disney, Nintendo, and Microsoft to help the children. He also talked about it on his radio program.

Showing that they have souls, all of the companies donated games for the children and replacement consoles. While this might seem like a small thing to you or I, it's a big deal to children who need a distraction when going through the agonies of cancer treatment and recovery.

On a related note, Providence Division Police Department have captured the man that stole the items. The 45-year-old Charles Hinton was taken into custody for the crime on December 18th.

Happy endings all around.

Source: Hard[OCP]

Comments

Re: Motely Crue's Nikki Sixx Saves Christmas

Class act all the way.  I can't imagine the type of person who'd steal from a children's hospice, but I like to think guys like Sixx outnumber guys like Hinton.

Re: Motely Crue's Nikki Sixx Saves Christmas

personally, this was a crappy christmas, but when i read this, i feel %500 more better now, so anyway i'm praying for those kids

Jesus Jack Jones Thompson loves you, so kill for his amusement so we can get money for the new "People's Temple of Jesus Jack Jones Thompson"

Re: Motely Crue's Nikki Sixx Saves Christmas

Nikki may be a bonehead for letting Donna D'Errico get away, but this is a true class act on his part.

Re: Motely Crue's Nikki Sixx Saves Christmas

This is a classic example of a true Christmas story. Awesome.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am