CIV V Lead Joins Stardock

January 5, 2011 -

According to a report on Big Download, former Civilization V lead designer Jon Shafer and science fiction writer Dave Stern have joined Stardock to work on Elemental: War of Magic.

Shafer, who recently left Firaxis, will eventually oversee his own development team. For the time being though, he will be focusing on the continued development of Stardock's current flagship title Elemental - including the development of the two upcoming expansion packs.

Source: Big Download via Blue's News

Comments

Re: CIV V Lead Joins Stardock

I dunno Civ 5 sucks thus he sucks thus anyproject he worked on will suck.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: CIV V Lead Joins Stardock

This bodes well for GalCiv3, whenever they start work on it.

Big PermBlazers w/ t-shirts trigger me. This madness must be stopped08/04/2015 - 10:36am
PHX Corphttps://twitter.com/JimSterling Jim Sterling's commentary of the Xbox Gamescom event08/04/2015 - 9:34am
Big PermI'm talking about not being able to fully disable telemetry unless you have Enterprise software. It's just creepy to me08/04/2015 - 9:31am
TechnogeekBig Perm: If you're talking about the image I think you are, then no, not really. The claims it makes are, at best, extremely misleading in many instances.08/04/2015 - 9:28am
E. Zachary KnightBig Perm, That would make logical sense, so of course YouTube would not allow you to set your subscription page as the home page.08/04/2015 - 9:14am
Big PermBy the way. Anyone else kind of spooked by Microsofts data collection that's being reported about Win10? Thinking of finally trying a linux box for general use and Windows for gaming only08/04/2015 - 8:59am
Big PermCan you set youtube to load subs instead of recommendations first?08/04/2015 - 8:54am
MonteI've had mostly good experience with Youtube recommendations... only problem is when i watch a certain video that messes it up and gets me reconmendations i don't want. Though all i have to do is remove said video from my history to fix it08/04/2015 - 8:42am
Big PermYoutube wants me to watch Nicki Minaj videos. I am ok with this. Dat mute tho08/04/2015 - 7:48am
IvresseIronpatriot: I think it's fair to say that even anti-gamergaters want you to just shut the hell up...08/04/2015 - 7:27am
Sora-Chan@Andrew Eisen: A tip for when it comes to clicking people's video recommendations, use Incognito/Private Mode.that'll keep those kinds of recommendations off the radar. =P08/04/2015 - 5:37am
InfophileWow, I just got an e-mailed ad from Nintendo: "FREE AC Adapter with New Nintendo 3DS XL" - So... pretending this didn't used to be normal, are we?08/04/2015 - 3:34am
MattsworknameNight man, take care08/04/2015 - 2:59am
Andrew EisenOff to bed. Play nice.08/04/2015 - 2:53am
Andrew EisenNo worries. Yeah, it's the pits. It's like "How many times do I have to tell you I'm not interested in this producer's work before you stop recommending his videos to me?!"08/04/2015 - 2:53am
MattsworknameAndrew: Sorry man, youtubes recomendations system is really crappy08/04/2015 - 2:49am
MattsworknameIp: they cite 4 chan. Enough said08/04/2015 - 2:47am
IronPatriotWhat I don't get is why anyone wants to be part of the private online army for a stalker.08/04/2015 - 2:32am
IronPatriotYes, it's pretty sad that even after GG has been exposed as a fraud designed to harass Sarkeesian, they still want to attack her. Do facts even matter anymore?08/04/2015 - 2:30am
Andrew EisenDammit. For context's sake, I watched that one Chris Ray Gun video Matt linked to and now my recommends are chockful of anti-Sarkeesian crap from the usual suspects. ARGH!08/04/2015 - 2:27am