THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

January 6, 2011 -

THQ's future leaning action game Homefront will utilize "online Pass" for online play via a code packed in the game. Much like it did with UFC Undisputed 2010, used game buyers will have to purchase a new code online in order to play the multiplayer part of the game in its entirety.

THQ did say that it will offer a limited multiplayer option for used game buyers that gives them access to multiplayer up to level 5. The game features a full 75 levels.

The extra code will cost right around $10. Naturally, single player will not be affected by Online Pass. The game ships in March for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

Source: Shacknews

Comments

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

When people said try to entice to buy new, this isn't what was meant by that.

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

So, what did they mean?

Andrew Eisen

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

Well, not sure what EVERYONE meant but most agreed better would be a bonus such as a one time use DLC code.

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

I hope online pass will be drop in the near future, all it does is devalue the game in the long run.

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront

I was considering, at the most, renting this game. Now I won't touch it. Probably not even as a gift either.

Re: THQ Puts Online Pass in Homefront