Ballmer: Kinect Support Coming to PC

January 7, 2011 -

For those who may have been wondering if Microsoft would "officially" support Kinect on the PC, wonder no more. During CES this week, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer confirmed that its camera-based motion sensing controller.

"We’ll support that in a formal way, in the right time," Ballmer told the BBC. "When we have an announcement to make, we’ll make it."

Of course, hackers and programmers have been making interesting hacks to the peripheral that do everything from controlling robots to making games like Ubisoft's RUSE playable using the device.

"We certainly started out with Xbox, very focused on gaming," Ballmer told the BBC. "We’re trying to do two major things. We’re trying to move beyond gaming and include the world of socialization, TV, movies, music. And we’re trying to make the whole experience accessible to everybody in the family, not just the traditional gamer."

Source: BBC via Game | Life

Posted in

Comments

Re: Ballmer: Kinect Support Coming to PC

If they allow independant games to be developed for it then hellz yeah.

Re: Ballmer: Kinect Support Coming to PC

Great! I love doing everything the Microsoft way! NOT!

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Re: Ballmer: Kinect Support Coming to PC

Seems like he non-answer answered it. With that said, we're more likely to see a significant surge in support for GFWL.

----