iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

January 11, 2011 -

As alluded to earlier in the week, Verizon officially announced today that it plans to carry Apple's iPhone beginning February 10. The company will offer a $200 16GB and a $300 32GB version of Apple's phone. Both versions of the iPhone 4 will be offered with a two-year contract - at least initially. The first versions of the phone will come in black, with a white version coming at a later date.

The form factor for these models will be tweaked ever so slightly because the antenna was redesigned. This redesign forced the ringer / mute button to be moved down slightly. This was done mostly because the phone will use Verizon's CDMA network, dumping the GSM standard used by all AT&T iPhones. Finally, Verizon's iPhone 4 offering will let consumers create Mi-Fi hotspots, which allow up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect to the Internet.

The Verizon deal marks the end of AT&T's exclusivity on the phone. The company had a nice long run with the iPhone - it had Apple's phone locked down since 2007.

Source: GameSpot, Image credit

Posted in

Comments

Re: iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

This blows.  The last thing I need is for iShit to get even more ubiquitous and for devs to ignore other platforms even harder.

Re: iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

About time to came to Verizon. Hopefully they get the iPhone 5 as well when it comes out as well.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm