iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

January 11, 2011 -

As alluded to earlier in the week, Verizon officially announced today that it plans to carry Apple's iPhone beginning February 10. The company will offer a $200 16GB and a $300 32GB version of Apple's phone. Both versions of the iPhone 4 will be offered with a two-year contract - at least initially. The first versions of the phone will come in black, with a white version coming at a later date.

The form factor for these models will be tweaked ever so slightly because the antenna was redesigned. This redesign forced the ringer / mute button to be moved down slightly. This was done mostly because the phone will use Verizon's CDMA network, dumping the GSM standard used by all AT&T iPhones. Finally, Verizon's iPhone 4 offering will let consumers create Mi-Fi hotspots, which allow up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect to the Internet.

The Verizon deal marks the end of AT&T's exclusivity on the phone. The company had a nice long run with the iPhone - it had Apple's phone locked down since 2007.

Source: GameSpot, Image credit

Posted in

Comments

Re: iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

This blows.  The last thing I need is for iShit to get even more ubiquitous and for devs to ignore other platforms even harder.

Re: iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon in February

About time to came to Verizon. Hopefully they get the iPhone 5 as well when it comes out as well.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am