Leicestershire, UK Man Sentenced for Mod Chip Business

January 11, 2011 -

A 40-year-old man has been sentenced to community service and a curfew by a court in Leicestershire, United Kingdom for running a mod chip business. Thomas Norwood, the director of Modchip Fitters Ltd., plead guilty to the "importation and sale of electronic cards that circumvented anti-piracy controls on Nintendo Wii’s, Microsoft Xboxes and other consoles."

He was sentenced to a two-month nighttime curfew (7PM - 7AM), 12 months of community service, and ordered to pay an undetermined amount of restitution. A restitution hearing is scheduled at some point to determine the amount of money he'll have to pay.

The conviction is the result of a 2008 raid by the Leicestershire Trading Standards Service. The raid netted software and hardware valued at £60,000. Norwood ran Modchip Fitters, a web-based company that modded console hardware to run copies of games and other media.

Source: Leicestershire County Council

Comments

Re: Leicestershire, UK Man Sentenced for Mod Chip Business

Meh loss of tax rev from a business that should be legal.

---

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm