Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

January 11, 2011 -

Majesco Entertainment announced that it has sold more than 500,000 units of Zumba Fitness for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 to "retailers nationwide." The company also claims that the game is one of its "fastest-selling titles, having reached this milestone in less than two months."

Of course, Majesco is talking about retailer interests more than consumer interest here: the difference between shipped and sell-through are quite stark; shipped means retailers want to stock their shelves with the game, while sold-through means consumers have actually purchased the game.

Zumba Fitness is an exergaming title for the Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, and PlayStation Move. The game uses the motion controls of each system to help users lose weight and get into shape using nine different dance styles: Reggaeton, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Hip-Hop, Mambo, Rumba, Flamenco and Calypso. The game also features 30 music tracks to dance to.

Comments

Re: Retailers Keen to Stock Zumba Fitness

As it happens, I took a Zumba class recently.  Didn't really care for it; too low-impact for my taste.

Andrew Eisen

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm