Magicka Moves 30K on Day One Despite Technical Problems and Bugs

January 28, 2011 -

Paradox Entertainment's action RPG adventure, Magicka, has managed to move 30,000 units in its first day of availability - in spite of some incredibly horrendous technical problems and bugs. While Paradox says that the single player campaign is solid, the company admits that the $10 game has a lot of problems in multiplayer. That is a real shame, because no one can deny its old school charm and new school cooperative multiplayer peril.

Here is what Paradox has said about the game's technical shortcomings: "[Singe-player] works fine for the most part, Multiplayer does not -- patch on the way for both! (as soon as [Steam] pushes the button). We'll patch the game as often as possible." According to a celebratory press release, Arrowhead Game Studios is "working around the sundial and is fully committed to ongoing support by zapping glitches and communicating with players."

Still, many gamers are having a fine old time with Magicka, despite its problems. The game's charm comes from its magic system which allows players to combine spells to do interesting - and sometimes fatal things to enemies and each other. Rock, Paper, Shotgun even put together a nifty guide of some crazy things you can do in a cooperative game here.

Source: Joystiq

Comments

Re: Magika Moves 30K on Day One Despite Technical Problems ...

Is it even worth noting you spelled the name of the game wrong in the title, and twice in the article?

Of course not. GP is never wrong, even when it is.

Re: Magika Moves 30K on Day One Despite Technical Problems ...

Of course it's worth noting.  When did GP ever claim that it never made typos?  I'll let James know so he can fix it.

Andrew Eisen

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm