Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During Altercation

January 31, 2011 -

A sad story to report this morning. Donald Barnes Jr., a video game artist who has worked for EA Sports and Activision, was stabbed to death late last week in Oak Park, California. Barnes tried to intervene in an argument between a man and a woman and was stabbed by the man. He died later that evening.

Friends and family describe Barnes as a good old fashioned man that believed in civility and chivalry. His last courageous act on this earth proves that fact.

Barnes has worked in the video game industry as a character modeler since 1996. In the past, he worked for EA's Tiburon Studios, Activision's Luxoflux and Broodworks, Inc. He joined Broodworks in April.

Police have arrested 23-year-old suspect Bikram Singh Otal for the murder.

A more in-depth accounting of the crime can be found in the Ventura County Star.

Barnes was only 41 years old. He is survived by a 17-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son. GamePolitics extends our condolences and sympathies to the friends and family of Donald.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

Luxoflux...? That means this man possibly worked on one of the best yet shortest vehicular combat franchises of all time.

Damn, that's really sad

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

he was definately a bigger man than I.

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm