Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During Altercation

January 31, 2011 -

A sad story to report this morning. Donald Barnes Jr., a video game artist who has worked for EA Sports and Activision, was stabbed to death late last week in Oak Park, California. Barnes tried to intervene in an argument between a man and a woman and was stabbed by the man. He died later that evening.

Friends and family describe Barnes as a good old fashioned man that believed in civility and chivalry. His last courageous act on this earth proves that fact.

Barnes has worked in the video game industry as a character modeler since 1996. In the past, he worked for EA's Tiburon Studios, Activision's Luxoflux and Broodworks, Inc. He joined Broodworks in April.

Police have arrested 23-year-old suspect Bikram Singh Otal for the murder.

A more in-depth accounting of the crime can be found in the Ventura County Star.

Barnes was only 41 years old. He is survived by a 17-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son. GamePolitics extends our condolences and sympathies to the friends and family of Donald.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

Luxoflux...? That means this man possibly worked on one of the best yet shortest vehicular combat franchises of all time.

Damn, that's really sad

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

he was definately a bigger man than I.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpvalet about parking info01/31/2015 - 6:41pm
Wonderkarpyour glenn beck to her republican party. you can refut all you want, but its not going to matter until femfreq comes out and disputes these claims because you are not a member of fem freq. you are a second party. I dont ask the man standing next to the01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
Wonderkarpis free gifts01/31/2015 - 6:39pm
WonderkarpListen and Believe is one of the slogans Femfreq touts on twitter. and Non profits are in danger of losing their tax exempt status by merchandising. Its a big nono. I worked at the MDA for a while and they do NOT sell merchandise. anything they do have01/31/2015 - 6:38pm