Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During Altercation

January 31, 2011 -

A sad story to report this morning. Donald Barnes Jr., a video game artist who has worked for EA Sports and Activision, was stabbed to death late last week in Oak Park, California. Barnes tried to intervene in an argument between a man and a woman and was stabbed by the man. He died later that evening.

Friends and family describe Barnes as a good old fashioned man that believed in civility and chivalry. His last courageous act on this earth proves that fact.

Barnes has worked in the video game industry as a character modeler since 1996. In the past, he worked for EA's Tiburon Studios, Activision's Luxoflux and Broodworks, Inc. He joined Broodworks in April.

Police have arrested 23-year-old suspect Bikram Singh Otal for the murder.

A more in-depth accounting of the crime can be found in the Ventura County Star.

Barnes was only 41 years old. He is survived by a 17-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son. GamePolitics extends our condolences and sympathies to the friends and family of Donald.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

Luxoflux...? That means this man possibly worked on one of the best yet shortest vehicular combat franchises of all time.

Damn, that's really sad

Re: Video Game Artist Donald Barnes Jr. Murdered During ...

he was definately a bigger man than I.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm