The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

February 3, 2011 -

If you were looking forward to buying Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 but loathe pesky DRM solutions, then you may want to skip Capcom's sequel. According to NeoGaf, Capcom's game on the PlayStation Store requires users to be logged into the PlayStation Network while playing.

While Capcom may not have proclaimed this fact in any press releases for the game, the company has put it in plain view in the product description:

"NOTE: You must log-in to the PlayStation Network each time to play the game."

So there you go. If you think DRM of this nature is stupid or a pain in the ass, you should skip this game. Oddly enough, the game only offers offline coop play but requires you to stay connected to the PlayStation Network. That in and of itself boggles the mind.

Source: 1Up

Comments

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

Capcom should focus on making good games for multiple platforms instead of fiddling with DRM.  They try a mild foray into PC, fail slightly (although I personally thought the original BC:R was decent), and immediately give up and go back to consoles.  The PC is a slightly different beast than a console, so of course the first few attempts are going to fail in some ways.

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: The Fine Print: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2's DRM Solution

I think they had this on their Final Fight title on PSN, too.

Which I think means that if this sort of DRM pisses you off, you are not going to be buying any Capcom games off PSN for the foreseeable future.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm
Goth_SkunkWhy I don't take The Mary Sue seriously, and why you shouldn't either: http://ow.ly/Ngzkk05/21/2015 - 7:55pm