Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

February 7, 2011 -

The official Bulletstorm Twitter feed reports that its parody download of Call of Duty (to promote the upcoming action game Bulletstorm) has been downloaded approximately 1,250,000 times.

From the Twitter feed:

"1.25 million Duty Calls downloads!"

"We say thanks with Duty Calls Wallpapers over at our Facebook page."

Duty Calls is a parody of the Call of Duty series - and of the first-person shooter genre in general - designed to promote the upcoming release of People Can Fly's and Epic's first-person arcade action game Bulletstorm.

The game is set for release on multiple platforms February 22.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

Being sick sucks.  But even if I were sick, I would still appreciate the time it took to make this parody.  Which, frankly, is rather hilarious and yet so true about the FPS genre and the Call of Duty series.

- Left4Dead

- Left4Dead Why are zombies always eating brains? I want to see zombies that eat toes for a living. Undead-related pun intended.

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

My roommate downloaded and played it and hearing the audio alone made me wanna beat him over the head with his speakers until he turned it off and uninstalled it. Being sick since Thursday and him being a stereotypical LIVE player to whom anything that doesn't cause him to win is gay may have also played a factor in my rage.

Re: Duty Calls Downloaded More than One Million Times

"I have a gravely voice and full accent. I wear an eye patch and a nice suit. This means I am the leader of the bad guys. I will never give you the nuclear missile bomb."

That says it all.

-Greevar

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am