What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

February 7, 2011 -

An ESRB ratings entry for BioWare's Dragon Age II reveals some of the "mature rated" sauciness you can expect within the game when it is released on March 8. According to the entry, the game will feature sexually charged dialogue, adult language, and a suggestive scene that "alludes to" an act of oral sex – among other things.

First the description of oral sex:

"In one cutscene, a woman kneels in front of a male character and appears to perform fellatio," says the ESRB entry. "There is no depiction of the sex act; the camera pans out to the rest of the room."

It really sounds worse than it is, to be fair. Other text from the entry includes a description of a beheading, use of some swear words ("shit," "ass," and "bastard"), some dialogue that involves references to sex, and some "sex scenes" featuring partially nude "couples" (male and female, and same-sex) embracing and kissing.

It all sounds tame to me. I could see and hear worse things in a PG-13 rated movie.

Source: Kotaku

Posted in

Comments

Re: What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

Bow-chikka-wow-wow!

Er, actually, it sounds no more risque than the first game, and while I wouldn't pass out copies to 10 year olds, it was pretty tame for a Mature rated game.  Though I found the obsession with blood to be distracting (really, your trail on the map is blood splaters...)  I just hope the "sex" scenes aren't as awkward as the first game.  Uncanny Valley, indeed.

Is anyone else amused that the ESRB site, a tool for (assumingly adult) parents to determine the type of content in a game, voluntarily censors the words "ass" and "shit"?

Re: What Naughtiness Awaits in Dragon Age II

Not really. They are a resource center for people who want information on games. Not everyone is confortable with reading swears when looking for information.

E. Zachary Knight