Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 Take Top Honors at AIAS Awards

February 11, 2011 -

The 14th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards were handed out last night at a gala event in Las Vegas, with Red Dead Redemption taking home five honors including Outstanding Achievement In Art Direction, Outstanding Achievement In Gameplay Engineering, Outstanding Achievement In Character Performance, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction, and Action Game of the Year.

Mass Effect 2 was honored with several awards including Outstanding Achievement In Story, Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year, and (the biggest award of them all) Game of the Year.

Heavy Rain was honored for Outstanding Achievement In Visual Engineering, Outstanding Innovation in Gaming and Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition.

Finally, indie darling Limbo was honored with awards for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design and picked up the Adventure Game of the Year award.

The full list of winners below:

Outstanding Achievement In Animation

Mass Effect 2

Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year
Mass Effect 2

Outstanding Innovation in Gaming
Heavy Rain

Hall Of Fame Inductees
Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk (BioWare)

Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition

Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
Red Dead Redemption

Game of the Year
Mass Effect 2

Source: Kotaku

Posted in

Comments

Re: Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 Take Top Honors at ...

Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 and Limbo sure does deserve their prizes and Heavy Rain (which I haven't played myself) really has great innovation that truly deserved that prize.

-----------------------------------

Why cant' the United Nations have an international law that protects artists works from censorship and banning? Cause world is still filled with chickens.

- Jussi "ZangRap" Virtanen

-----------------------------------

Why cant' the United Nations have an international law that protects artist's works from censorship and banning? Cause world is still filled with chickens.

- Jussi "ZangRap" Virtanen

Re: Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 Take Top Honors at ...

Both well deserved. Both Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption are masterpieces.

Poll