Action Alert: Net Neutrality and Congress

February 15, 2011 -

The Entertainment Consumers Association has issued a call to action related to net neutrality. Tomorrow Congress will drag the entire upper echelon of the FCC in to grill them about the new net neutrality rules and about its power to regulate both broadband and wireless service providers. The alert follows:

"On February 16, the House of Representatives will meet with the FCC to discuss its recently implemented rules on Net Neutrality. Net Neutrality is the principle that prevents discrimination of content online, from slowing down your connection to certain sites or services to outright blocking your access to others.

Net Neutrality benefits gamers and allows them to play games they like, the way they want, on the systems they choose. While the rules the FCC implemented were not perfect, those in the House are putting together a vote to not only overturn those rules but also prevent the FCC from ever making any other rules regarding Net Neutrality in the future.

We’ve seen already abuses by telecommunications companies abusing their consumers, by attempting bandwidth caps, slowing the delivery over content or even trying to extort money to deliver things like Netflix.

While these initial rules aren’t the best they can be, they do have some protection for consumers. Without Net Neutrality are ability to play video games online, visit the sites we want or use the services we choose could be endangered. Take 30 seconds and write Congress today.

Happy gaming,

Brett Schenker, Online Advocacy Manager
Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)"

Go here to get started.

[Full disclosure: GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm