Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

February 22, 2011 -

How is it possible to be blind and complete a video game? While I can't imagine it, 23-year-old Terry Garrett has accomplished just that. Terry Garrett, is a mechanical engineering student from Colorado Springs who figured out how to play through and beat Abe's Exoddus, multiple times using only the game's quick-save feature and audio cues.

Using the game's sound and learning how it all worked, Terry played through the game and beat it. And then beat it again.. and again. Some describe his playthroughs of the game "nearly flawless." I know people who have sight and can't beat the game. Check out the video to the left to learn more.

Comments

Re: Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

I realized, some years back, that the easiest way for me to win the Boshi Race in Super Mario RPG was to close my eyes and focus on the beat.

This...is rather a lot more complicated than that.  Good show.

Re: Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

Sorry. Too late to impress me.

Cuz Daredevil already exists.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm