Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

February 22, 2011 -

How is it possible to be blind and complete a video game? While I can't imagine it, 23-year-old Terry Garrett has accomplished just that. Terry Garrett, is a mechanical engineering student from Colorado Springs who figured out how to play through and beat Abe's Exoddus, multiple times using only the game's quick-save feature and audio cues.

Using the game's sound and learning how it all worked, Terry played through the game and beat it. And then beat it again.. and again. Some describe his playthroughs of the game "nearly flawless." I know people who have sight and can't beat the game. Check out the video to the left to learn more.

Comments

Re: Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

I realized, some years back, that the easiest way for me to win the Boshi Race in Super Mario RPG was to close my eyes and focus on the beat.

This...is rather a lot more complicated than that.  Good show.

Re: Blind Man Uses Sound to Beat Abe's Exoddus

Sorry. Too late to impress me.

Cuz Daredevil already exists.

Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm