StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

February 23, 2011 -

Blizzard announced today that it has banned an undisclosed amount of Battle.net users for using cheats and hacks while playing StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty online. Here is the official word from Battle.net:

"Battle.net has word that Blizzard has busted out the BanLaser on some StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty cheaters (thanks Big Download). Here's word: We recently issued a new round of account suspensions and bans to StarCraft II players who were in violation of the Battle.net Terms of Use for cheating and/or using hack programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair competition that’s essential to play on Battle.net, cheating and hacking can lead to stability and performance issues with the service. As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and secure online-gaming experience for legitimate players is a top priority for us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed."

So there you have it. Cheaters and hack users should expect no less from Blizzard.

Source: Blue's News

Comments

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Banned from Bnet or banned from using their own games even offline?  The former make sense;blizzard's service, blizzards rules.  The later is insane.

my vanity is justified

my vanity is justified

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

That's the thing, You need to sign onto a B.net account to play, even offline. So to them, there's no difference. They even justified previous bans of people only playing single player by saying that avatars you can get from the mission challenges is "comprimising the multiplayer experience".

(For the record, these avatars are just that. Pictures. They give no benefits in the game at all)

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Its nice to see Bnet 2.0 a completely closed system that moderters your mods kick you off becuse you do not want to use thier mod system to apporve mods and only runs mods they want, forget if these are map mods and other non MP cheating stuff.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Now here's the catch: are they banning people using cheat systems while playing an online multiplayer match, or are they banning people using cheat systems while playing the single player campaign? The reason why this is such a concern is because while Activision sees no difference between the single player game and the online multiplayer, there is a difference. While I won't argue banning the online multiplayer cheaters (I applaud it in fact), the banning of people cheating in only the single player part of the game simply because it requires you to be connected to your battle.net account is reprehensible.

That said, that statement is very carefully worded to avoid saying whether they're simply banning multiplayer cheaters or anyone using a cheat system in either the multiplayer or singleplayer modes.

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Indeed. I too can only applaud the removal of cheaters from multiplayer games, BUT what people do with their single player games SHOULD be their own trouble. If I use my car badly on the streets, fine, arrest me, but if I make a sculpture in the backyard out of it (that is not dangerous or polluting), then that's my own business...

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Some people will do anything to beat the Koreans.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Though I don't use battle.net im glad that the cheaters are getting kicked off the service.

Re: StarCraft II Cheaters Get Banned From Battle.net

Blizzard banning people for cheating is like declaring that snow is cold.

Poll