Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

February 28, 2011 -

According to a report in UK paper The Guardian, European Customs has been ordered to seize "Playstation shipments" because of a preliminary injunction against Sony - the result of a recent patent infringement claim filed with the civil court of justice in the Hague.

Because of the court's ruling, European Customs has been ordered to confiscate any new PS3's imported into the UK and the rest of Europe for at least 10 days.

For now, Sony has to rely on hardware already on store shelves or shipped prior to the injunction. The Guardian estimates that the company has enough stock on store shelves to last two - three weeks.

"We are currently looking into this matter, and cannot make any comments at this point in time," a representative for Sony Playstation told The Guardian.

LG declined to comment, although sources close to the company confirmed with the paper its current legal position.

The Guardian claims that Sony is "franticly" trying to get the temporary ban lifted. The company has the right to appeal the court's decision. The companies are fighting over seven different patents.

Source: The Guardian by way of our own beemoh.

Comments

Re: Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

Wow....... pantent trolling much LG?

---

Re: Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

Sony started it with a suit against LG.

Re: Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

K..K..KARMA!!!

Re: Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

Re: Report: European Customs Confiscating New PS3 Shipments

hahahaha now their feeling it will they learn? ... probably not.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm