Monaco Gets Indie Fund Backing

March 1, 2011 -

According to a GDC report from Rock, Paper, Shotgun last year's Independent Games Festival winner Andy Schatz is celebrating an important milestone. Andy Schatz, the developer behind the clever 4-player heist game, Monaco, has secured financing for the game. According to RPS the Indie Fund - the same angel financiers that backed World of Goo – is funding his game. Naturally have an influx of cash allows Schatz to hire more professionals to work on the game.

Schatz has hired a level designer to help him out, which in turn frees him up to give the gameplay more balance and polish.

"It’s coming together so fast that we might go beyond the twenty levels of the story mode,” Schatz told RPS. "We could end up having a bunch more multiplayer maps."

According to RPS the game will ship online multiplayer and an editor – an editor. Find out more about the game at www.pocketwatchgames.com/Monaco/.

Source: RPS

Comments

Re: Monaco Gets Indie Fund Backing

The Indie Fund did not back World of Goo. The 2 creators of World of Goo, due to its huge success, are funding members of the Indie Fund.

Wonderkarp*Sippin on Long Island Iced Tea*05/22/2015 - 8:24pm