Peter Molyneux to Write Foreword to 'Gamers at Work' Book

March 1, 2011 -

Lionhead Studios founder and creative director at Microsoft Game Studios Peter Molyneux will write the foreword to the upcoming book Gamers at Work by Morgan Ramsay. Gamers at Work is the third book in the "At Work" book series published by Apress. Gamers at Work is being written by Morgan Ramsay, founder of Entertainment Media Council. Gamers At Work takes a closer look at the challenges startup game development studios face by way of dozens of interviews with the world’s most successful entrepreneurs in the video game industry, including Electronic Arts founder Trip Hawkins, Atari cofounder Nolan Bushnell, and Naughty Dog co-founder Jason Rubin, among others.

At Lionhead Studios (acquired by Microsoft in 2006), Molyneux created the Black & White and Fable franchises. Prior to that, he co-founded Bullfrog Productions where he created Populous and Dungeon Keeper.

For more information on the book, check out www.emcouncil.org/GamersAtWork.

Comments

Re: Peter Molyneux to Write Foreword to 'Gamers at Work' ...

Obligatory Molyneux god head.

Obligatory fix fable already jackass! 2 and 3 are party games damnit!!

---

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am