Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

March 1, 2011 -

There will not be an Online Pass code in the retail console versions of Crysis 2, according to a Eurogamer report (citing a recent Gamertag Radio new story). The reason for the omission of the one-time code for online play that EA has used in other games is simple enough: developer Crytek didn't want it. Crytek is an independent studio who uses EA Partners to distribute its games. As such it has the right to refuse using Online Pass.

Crytek wanted as many people to play multiplayer as possible when it is released and they don't care if those players are playing a new or used copy of Crysis 2. Further, the company indicated that it felt that the Online Pass technology is just too young.

Whatever the reasons, we are delighted that Crytek opted not to use this.

Crysis 2 is due for release shortly on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Source: Eurogamer

Comments

Re: Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

YES NO ONLINE PASS!!! Now I gotta decide wether to get it on the 360 for my pc.

Re: Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

Is not EAs online pass a console game thing? So the the PC version of Cry2 will have a key for it to limit online play.

Which sounds reasonable.

---

Re: Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

Again Crytek you impress me. My pre-order of Crysis 2 is already complete. Well done, you guys "get it."

Now if you could rub some of this sanity off on Ubisoft they too could return to profitability on PC games.

Re: Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

And when sales triple that of any Madden game, maybe EA will see that the online pass was a stupid idea to begin with.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: Report: No Online Pass in Crysis 2

nah they would have to be be smart and pay attention.

Poll