Independent Propeller Awards Finalists Announced

March 4, 2011 -

indiePub, sponsor Zoo Entertainment, and South by Southwest (SXSW) announced the finalists of the first video game development competition, the Independent Propeller Awards. The ceremony to name the winners will be held during SXSW ScreenBurn, the gaming portion of the SXSW Interactive Festival. Seven finalists were chosen among 150 submissions, representing the puzzle, strategy and adventure genres.

Hosted by Adam "Atomic" Saltsman, maker of the indie hit Canabalt, and Meredith Molinari, host of PlayStation Network's The Tester, the Independent Propeller Awards will offer $150,000 in total cash prizes, awards recognizing innovation and development from the Intel AppUpSM developer program and Unity Technologies, and the chance for titles to be published by indiePub through its sponsor, Zoo Publishing. Below are the finalists that have been selected to show off their games at SXSW:

The Uncanny Fish Hunt (Uncanny Games) - An adventure game where players take on the role of Siméon, to fight an unleashed ocean.

Skinny (Thomas Brush) - An exploration and adventure game where players help Skinny, a skinny freak, save the apocalyptic world from their minds.

Chewy (Happy Candy Co.) - A 2D platformer in which players control Chewy, a sticky piece of gum.

CREO (Peter Angstadt) - A physics puzzle game in which players must create and experiment to succeed by helping Creo and his friends home from school each day.

Deep Sea (Robin Arnott) - An audio-only game, where players lose their vision and hearing and are plunged into a world of blackness occupied only by the sound of their own breathing and the rumbles made by unseen terrors.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers (Black Pants Game Studio) - A story of a thief who had stolen our hero's most valued possession - a pair of underpants.

GLiD (Glid) - A single player ambient exploration game where a small robot is tasked with exploring and restoring an abandoned world.

For more information about the Independent Propeller Awards, check out www.sxsw.com.

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm