GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

March 7, 2011 -

UK-based games industry charity GamesAid has announced its newest fundraising initiative around the forthcoming horse-racing event, The Cheltenham Festival. The Festival features four days of jump racing and hundreds of equine stars on hand for National Hunt racing. To celebrate the event and to raise some cash for a worthy cause, GamesAid has launched a tipping competition where fans will have the chance to put their skills on the line and win a Nintendo 3DS.

Donated by Konami, the 3DS comes with a copy of PES 2011 3DS. Nintendo also donated three further launch titles: Super Street Fighter IV, Pilotwings Resort, and Nintendogs. Participants need to pick twelve horses from a pre-selected list of entrants scheduled to run at the Festival from March 15 - 1. Depending on how the horse runs, they will either score or lose points for players. The highest total score takes the first prize.

For more information, check out gamesaidtipping.wordpress.com. If you would like to give to this charity, visit www.justgiving.com/gamesaid.

Comments

Re: GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

And there was me thinking that was something clsoer to Cow Tipping and about to get all outraged.

/b

Re: GamesAid Offers 3DS to Best Horse Tipper

I'm sure some ppl won't read the article and start screaming 'animal abuse'

on another note, encouraging gambling is whole other topic some will get outraged about.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am