Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

March 7, 2011 -

Red Dead Redemption was the big winner at the Game Audio Network Guild (GANG) Awards at GDC in San Francisco last week, scooping up four awards in various categories including audio of the year, music of the year, best interactive score, and best dialogue. The game was nominated in ten different categories. The game also managed to sweep the GDC Awards last week.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 won Sound Design Of The Year and Best Use Of Multi-Channel Surround, while Bizarre Creations' last game, James Bond 007: Blood Stone, won Best Original Instrumental and Best Original Vocal.

A full list of all this year's winners are below:

Audio Of The Year: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Music Of The Year: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Audio Other: Halo: Waypoint “The Return” (Microsoft Games Studios)
Sound Design Of The Year: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
Soundtrack: Video Games Live – Level 2
Interactive Score: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Handheld Audio: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge (LucasArts)
Cinematic/Cutscene Audio: StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty (Blizzard)
Dialogue: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Original Instrumental: James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Activision)
Original Vocal – Choral: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Blizzard)
Original Vocal – Pop: James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Activision)
Use Of Licensed Music: Bioshock 2 (2K Games)
Use Of Multi-Channel Surround: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)

Source: G.A.N.G.

Comments

Re: Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

I'm pleased to see that Monkey Island 2 won an award, albeit as a handlheld game (as a desktop PC game, it's better than many and excellent in it's own right.), I'm also glad to see 007: Blood Stone get some awards, I think it's a good game that certainly didn't deserve to be a flop in terms of sales.

Re: Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

YES! The Bad Company games are just amazing. Better than Halo, and I really like Halo!

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

MaskedPixelanteEhh, MSS is only half off, I can wait for it to go under 1011/26/2014 - 3:48pm
NeenekoWhich is why I completely ignore the site.11/26/2014 - 3:15pm
james_fudgeAHHH Someone bar the door and keep the kids away from the credit cards!11/26/2014 - 3:14pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Ralph Retort is a toxic mess and the guy is literally building his career on the back of the GamerGate movement. Whether you believe GamerGate is right or wrong this is a man profiteering on this war.11/26/2014 - 2:56pm
WonderkarpTHE STEAM SALES HAVE BEGUN!11/26/2014 - 2:16pm
MaskedPixelanteUnless you have said DLC already, then you can get the equally broken FarCry 4.11/26/2014 - 2:15pm
WonderkarpI love Boogie. He's awesome.11/26/2014 - 2:02pm
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-assassins-creed-unity-with-free-1663768202 [Sarcasm]Ubisoft Apologizes for making a broken game, gives out free dlc for said broken game[/sarcasm]11/26/2014 - 1:53pm
Andrew EisenIt's a cute joke to make but it’s important to note that the person's view is not gendered. It's not about not supporting a female dev, it's about not supporting GamerGate. Gender is irrelevant in this case.11/26/2014 - 1:10pm
Neo_DrKefkaToo add what Andrew said about the The Ralph Retort it is no different from what you read at Gawker. I remember reading The Ralph Retort on how Boogie was the bad guy from being on the fence until he jumped to the GamerGate side.11/26/2014 - 12:42pm
Wonderkarpthat, I do not know the answer too. I see some people saying they wont vote for her because of it. I'm pointing out the irony.11/26/2014 - 12:31pm
Andrew EisenIs this call to not vote for her game widespread or is it just the one tweet from the one guy?11/26/2014 - 12:19pm
Wonderkarphttps://twitter.com/GMShivers here's her twitter if you wanna look. I didnt see any harassment. 11/26/2014 - 12:07pm
Andrew EisenI'm just curious what kind of GamerGater the dev is. Does she harass people? If so, I could understand the desire not to support her. "Very Pro-GG" doesn't tell me anything.11/26/2014 - 12:05pm
NeenekoWhile boycotts have their place, small ones like that just hurt small producers for no real gain. It is just being petty.11/26/2014 - 12:02pm
WonderkarpI'm addicted too their deals :P When I find an alternative, I'll drop Kotaku :P. you Tease cause you care though :)11/26/2014 - 11:57am
Andrew EisenWarning, light teasing incoming. Ahem. So, not only could you not go a full four hours without reading The Ralph Retort, but you read Kotaku? A site you say you're actively trying to convince others to stay away from? Wow!11/26/2014 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpi love nintendo <311/26/2014 - 10:27am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/26/pokemon-omega-rubyalpha-sapphire-sold-3-million-worldwide-three-days/ More good Nintendo news that I can't wait to be turned into "NINTENDO IS DOOMED" articles by certain outlets.11/26/2014 - 10:03am
Wonderkarpthough its kinda ironic, as this cartoon shows. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3XCIeQCUAAWWkv.jpg cause I thought it was about wanting more women in games?11/26/2014 - 9:39am