Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

March 7, 2011 -

Red Dead Redemption was the big winner at the Game Audio Network Guild (GANG) Awards at GDC in San Francisco last week, scooping up four awards in various categories including audio of the year, music of the year, best interactive score, and best dialogue. The game was nominated in ten different categories. The game also managed to sweep the GDC Awards last week.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 won Sound Design Of The Year and Best Use Of Multi-Channel Surround, while Bizarre Creations' last game, James Bond 007: Blood Stone, won Best Original Instrumental and Best Original Vocal.

A full list of all this year's winners are below:

Audio Of The Year: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Music Of The Year: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Audio Other: Halo: Waypoint “The Return” (Microsoft Games Studios)
Sound Design Of The Year: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
Soundtrack: Video Games Live – Level 2
Interactive Score: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Handheld Audio: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge (LucasArts)
Cinematic/Cutscene Audio: StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty (Blizzard)
Dialogue: Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar Games)
Original Instrumental: James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Activision)
Original Vocal – Choral: World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Blizzard)
Original Vocal – Pop: James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Activision)
Use Of Licensed Music: Bioshock 2 (2K Games)
Use Of Multi-Channel Surround: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)

Source: G.A.N.G.

Comments

Re: Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

I'm pleased to see that Monkey Island 2 won an award, albeit as a handlheld game (as a desktop PC game, it's better than many and excellent in it's own right.), I'm also glad to see 007: Blood Stone get some awards, I think it's a good game that certainly didn't deserve to be a flop in terms of sales.

Re: Red Dead Wins Big at GANG Awards

YES! The Bad Company games are just amazing. Better than Halo, and I really like Halo!

Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm