The People’s Court: Wii Modding Moron Edition

March 11, 2011 -

An episode of The People's Court litigates a case involving Wii copyright infringement, piracy, and mod chips. But the case isn't really about all that - it's about a guy that wants a couple of hundred bucks over a modding deal gone sour. The judge, the plaintiff and the defendant never grasp the fact that something very illegal is going on here. Luckily for Nintendo, everyone's name is splashed on the screen for more dramatic litigation down the road - should they find out. We have a feeling they probably will..

And frankly, these two guys get what they deserve for going on a nationally syndicated show to fight each other over both committing multiple DMCA violations. Watch the video, be amazed at the stupidity. Thanks to Andrew Eisen's nameless friend who passed this hilarious video along.

Comments

Re: The People’s Court: Wii Modding Moron Edition

Emmm, I wouldn't insult the poor guys too much. These programs usually utilize actors to represent the roles, even if the case is real.

Keep in mind before calling them pedophiles that they may not have anything to do with the real case, and even that the case can be completely invented. I doubt anyone would be so stupid to go on national TV with this.

I could be wrong, though.

Re: The People’s Court: Wii Modding Moron Edition

"What is the purpose of this part?"

"So you can download games."

"It does that already"

"The games cost a lot of money, this way you can put a game in, and eh, it doesn't cost so much money"

"so the purpose is to make games cheaper. okay."

I suppose you don't get on the peoples court for being particularly astute....second career for JT?

also, both men give a creepy pedophile vibe.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm