Japanese Companies Line Up to Fund Earthquake Relief Efforts

March 14, 2011 -

Following Friday's devastating earthquake, several major Japanese game publishers have announced campaigns to help with relief efforts. This is much needed as the latest statistics estimate that nearly 10,000 people have died and 15,000 are missing.

According to Andriasang, Nintendo has donated 300 million yen, Sony has given 300 million yen and 30,000 radios, Namco Bandai has donated 100 million yen and will suspend arcade operations in areas where power conservation is needed, and Korean celebrity Bae Yong Joon has donated 73 million yen (he is the star of several popular Japanese games). App developer 5pb. has cut the price of iOS Memories Off 6 T-Wave from ¥2,000 to ¥350 and will donate all sales of the app through March 31, Tecmo KOEI has donated 10 million yen to Japan Red Cross and is taking donations from employees and the general public, and Sega Sammy has donated 200 million yen to relief efforts.

You can read all the notices by visiting Andriasang. If you want to donate to the relief efforts, visit the American Red Cross. You can also make a donation here.

image source.

Comments

Re: Japanese Companies Line Up to Fund Earthquake Relief ...

I know it catches a lot of crap, and isn't really Japanese, but Gaia online started a fundraiser the day after it all happened.

Re: Japanese Companies Line Up to Fund Earthquake Relief ...

I hope for the best for Japan in there time of need.

Poll