Tiga Forms Casual Division

March 15, 2011 -

UK trade group Tiga has announced that it has established a new division to support the growing legions of casual and social game developers in the region. The group that represents the UK's game development industry says that the new division can help studios network, develop strategic partnerships, identify trends in the market and offer discounts on software and tools when possible.

The group has also opened a ‘Casual Games Committee’, designed to "support companies creating games of all formats with production budgets between £10,000 and £300,000." Tiga added that this move is a response to “exponential growth in casual gaming platforms" in the region. Tiga members working on a casual game can apply to join, as long as their game's budget is within the previously stated guidelines.

And on a slightly related note, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Growth John Swinney has written to the Chancellor George Osborne with the Scottish Government's priorities for action. Those priorities include tax relief for the games industry. You can read all about that via Tiga's web site. And on another slightly related note, Tiga announced a 20 percent discount to all members on registration fees for the Festival of Games. The Festival of Games takes place on April 28-29, 2011 in the Netherlands. Read more about that here.

Source: Develop