Robbery, Family Style

March 17, 2011 -

The family that steals together.. goes to jail together. At least that is what has happened to two York County, South Carolina men were finally nabbed for robbing businesses in both North and South Carolina. According to a joint press release issued by the York County Sheriff’s Office and Shelby Police Department, two men have been arrested for "commercial" robberies: 18-year-old Shawn Douglas Hefner and 29-year-old Thomas Douglas Barr. Shawn's father, 37-year-old Douglas Scott Hefner, is still at large and wanted on several warrants.

According to the release, law enforcement officials recovered eight stolen vehicles and a large amount of stolen electronics that included computers, cameras, GPS units, Televisions, gaming systems, and video games. Investigators said that the stolen merchandise was fenced on EBay, Craig’s List and at local flea markets. Shelby police claim the three are responsible for robberies at several businesses including Sally's Beauty Supply, Dollar Tree, Today's Nails, American General, Radio Shack and GameStop. Who robs a Dollar Store? Police confirmed that the stolen property comes from York County, Shelby, Hickory and Asheboro, North Carolina. Other jurisdictions outside the state as the investigation continues.

As the investigation continues, additional jurisdictions and law enforcement agencies may become involved and may result in additional charges. The two men are being held at the Moss Justice Center, while Douglas Hefner is still at large and wanted for Grand Larceny, Burglary, and Criminal Conspiracy.

For more information on the case, check out www.yorkcrimestoppers.com.

My dad wouldn’t even take me fishing.

Source: WBTV

Comments

Re: Robbery, Family Style

We lambaste mainstream media when they hunt for the "video game" part of a story completely unrelated to video games.... and yet this story is on GP. A story barely about video games, and nothing to do with politics.

Can we beg Dennis to come back yet?

Re: Robbery, Family Style

The guy who posted similar stories just as frequently?  Sure, go right ahead.  No one ever said you couldn't.

Andrew Eisen

benohawkI've had no issues so far08/04/2015 - 6:45pm
MattsworknameSame here so far, minus some issues with a few old games, it's been solid for me. I do think they need to adjust some of the interface in the start menu, but I can work with it08/04/2015 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI like it, havent had any major issues.08/04/2015 - 5:45pm
MattsworknameSo, now t hta we have had time to mess with it, whats everyones view on windows 10?08/04/2015 - 5:43pm
james_fudgeNot I, said the fly.08/04/2015 - 4:31pm
Big PermAnyone use an Intel 750?08/04/2015 - 3:40pm
E. Zachary KnightSome great comments about gender diversity in game development from GDC Europe. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/250417/Women_in_the_game_industry_share_stories_of_improving_diversity.php08/04/2015 - 3:11pm
Sora-Chan@EZK: It's kind sad that kind of thing still occurs to this day (and for good reasons...)08/04/2015 - 2:33pm
E. Zachary KnightA woman author shares her experience submitting her manuscript to publishing agents under a man's name. http://jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-172063762708/04/2015 - 1:21pm
james_fudgeme either. They are rolling it out in phases.08/04/2015 - 12:41pm
Big PermI haven't got my notification yet, even though I reserved it the day the pop up came.08/04/2015 - 12:27pm
james_fudgeThanks Matthew. I have not yet installed Windows 10, but the complaints about it have been minimal.08/04/2015 - 12:19pm
benohawkhttp://goo.gl/6yZ7EO suggests you can kill it all, but I haven't tested it on my system as of yet. And I wouldn't recommend digging in the registry or playing around withdisabling services for most users08/04/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonyes you can turn it off08/04/2015 - 12:15pm
james_fudgeCan you completely disable it though? I think you can minimize what it collects.08/04/2015 - 12:06pm
benohawkThe Win 10 data collection sounds scary, but I think it would be just too much data to be useful08/04/2015 - 11:57am
benohawkNo need to apologize Big Perm08/04/2015 - 11:55am
benohawkThe changing to 0 only being a 1 was local security policy change, not the reghack08/04/2015 - 11:49am
Big PermSorry Beno, it looks like you're right.08/04/2015 - 11:49am
Big PermFrom what I've heard (and obviously I could be wrong here), but I hear even setting it to "0" in the registry will only change to "1" or "Basic" collection. I'll try to find the article I got this from08/04/2015 - 11:40am