Robbery, Family Style

March 17, 2011 -

The family that steals together.. goes to jail together. At least that is what has happened to two York County, South Carolina men were finally nabbed for robbing businesses in both North and South Carolina. According to a joint press release issued by the York County Sheriff’s Office and Shelby Police Department, two men have been arrested for "commercial" robberies: 18-year-old Shawn Douglas Hefner and 29-year-old Thomas Douglas Barr. Shawn's father, 37-year-old Douglas Scott Hefner, is still at large and wanted on several warrants.

According to the release, law enforcement officials recovered eight stolen vehicles and a large amount of stolen electronics that included computers, cameras, GPS units, Televisions, gaming systems, and video games. Investigators said that the stolen merchandise was fenced on EBay, Craig’s List and at local flea markets. Shelby police claim the three are responsible for robberies at several businesses including Sally's Beauty Supply, Dollar Tree, Today's Nails, American General, Radio Shack and GameStop. Who robs a Dollar Store? Police confirmed that the stolen property comes from York County, Shelby, Hickory and Asheboro, North Carolina. Other jurisdictions outside the state as the investigation continues.

As the investigation continues, additional jurisdictions and law enforcement agencies may become involved and may result in additional charges. The two men are being held at the Moss Justice Center, while Douglas Hefner is still at large and wanted for Grand Larceny, Burglary, and Criminal Conspiracy.

For more information on the case, check out www.yorkcrimestoppers.com.

My dad wouldn’t even take me fishing.

Source: WBTV

Comments

Re: Robbery, Family Style

We lambaste mainstream media when they hunt for the "video game" part of a story completely unrelated to video games.... and yet this story is on GP. A story barely about video games, and nothing to do with politics.

Can we beg Dennis to come back yet?

Re: Robbery, Family Style

The guy who posted similar stories just as frequently?  Sure, go right ahead.  No one ever said you couldn't.

Andrew Eisen

PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm
Goth_SkunkBut such a hangout *could* be a neat idea. It could be used, for example, for all us GPers to get together and watch the new FemFreq video, and then discuss amongst ourselves in real time what our thoughts are.08/31/2015 - 8:38pm