NCsoft Makes Big Donation to Japanese Relief Efforts

March 18, 2011 -

South Korean MMO giant NCsoft has made a multi-million dollar donation through its NCJapan division to relief efforts in the region. the company has reportedly made a $6.3 million dollar (500 million Yen) donation - the largest of any made by any other company from South Korea. NCJapan will also continue to offer online gaming services to the country as it recovers - where it is available.

While NCsoft is a medium player in the United States with games like City of Heroes, Lineage I & II, and Aion, in Asia they are a big deal. NCsoft's games such as the Linage series, are huge in Asia.

It's nice to see so many companies in Japan and in other countries within Asia going out of their way to help the Japanese people in one of the worst disasters in the country's history. Hopefully this goodwill will spread to other companies in Europe and North America. It should also be noted that NCsoft's 500 million Yen contribution is higher than both Nintendo's and Sony's donations.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: NCsoft Makes Big Donation to Japanese Relief Efforts

Good job on helping Japan NCsoft, It makes me want to return to City of Heroes again just to support the company.

Poll