Car Town Drives For Facebook Red Cross Donations

March 21, 2011 -

Players of the Facebook game Car Town can help Japanese earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts by buying virtual goods and upgrades for their cars. With 7.5 million players, there's obviously some potential to do some good. Car Town creator Cie Games promises to donate 100 percent of the proceeds from sales of the virtual emergency vehicle to the American Red Cross and its Japan disaster relief efforts.

"Our hearts go out to the people of Japan," said Dennis Suggs, chief creative officer of Cie Games. "The Car Town Red Cross program is an easy way for Car Town players all over the world to contribute to the relief effort."

Donations to the American Red Cross will be made in two ways. The first donation is generated with the purchase of the Red Cross ambulance. Once players own the new vehicle, they can send their Red Cross ambulance on an in-game mission called "Help Japan" to make further donations. One hundred percent of the money raised will be donated to the Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief.

Car Town players collect and customize virtual cars, build a garage (and help friends do the same), and race each other to earn points. Players perform jobs to earn in-game currency and experience points as well.

For more information on this charitable endeavor, check out www.cartown.com.

Comments

Re: Car Town Drives For Facebook Red Cross Donations

It is one of the great way to help effectively to the relief effort. It is one of the major requirement at the time of emergency to reach to the hospitals as soon as possible.

Cheap cars buying

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am