Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

March 23, 2011 -

Consider this next story a cautionary tale for anyone seeking the help of a 9-year-old to score some prescription drugs: it never works out the way you want it to. A 34-year-old Maine woman named Shannon Leathers asked a 9-year-old neighborhood boy to steal his mom's prescription painkillers in exchange for a video game of his choice. The unnamed boy did as he was asked. Leathers told the boy that if he was ever asked about the theft or the missing drugs that he should play dumb. But as Bill Cosby can tell you kids say the darndest things - even to the police. He would later tell police all about the entire transaction, even detailing that Leathers scratched his mo's name off the pill bottle. Shortly thereafter the woman was arrested.

For concocting this stupid scheme to get those Percosets Leathers was sentenced to one year in prison. She pled guilty to all charges and was ordered to serve 1.5 months of the sentence immediately, with the remainder to be suspended (we assume there is some "time served" taken into consideration by the court).

What was the game the boy wanted? Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Source: Sea Coast Online by way of The Escapist

Posted in

Comments

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

Dumb Kid, Final Fantasy XIV sucks.

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

I'm assuming that means you played it at great length, right?

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: Game Bribe for Prescription Drugs Goes Awry

Plus it is subscription only and he lost out in the long run. Unless of course the person who gave him the game was willing to pay the monthly subscription for a continued access to the drugs.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm