IGDA 2011 Election Results

March 24, 2011 -

The 2011 International Game Developers Association elections are over and the votes are in. This year’s votes did not manage to meet a quorum. Under the rules of the group, this gives the IGDA the right to hand pick its board members. The IGDA did say that member participation in this year's election was up 18 percent from 11 percent last year.

From the group's site:

"Since we did not meet quorum, the election was declared void and the Board this morning selected the new board members. As is custom, we decided to select the top five vote getters for the five available seats. Since one of the seats was only for a one year term (vacated by Gordon Bellamy upon taking the Executive Director position), the person with the fifth highest vote count was selected to that seat."

Selected to the four available 3-year seats:

Brian Robbins, Founder, Riptide Games Total Votes: 549
Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment Total Votes: 532
Dustin Clingman, CEO, ZeeGee Games Total Votes: 517
Cordy Rierson, Director, University Talent Development, Microsoft Game Studios Total Votes: 480
Selected to the one available 1-year seat:

Scott Berfield, Executive Producer, Center for Serious Play, University of Washington, Bothell Total Votes: 476

The rest of the vote tallies can be found on the IGDA.

Posted in

Comments

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Agreed.  I voted for the first time this year.  I think what we are seeing is the maturing of the membership.  Not a lot of younger people vote and this has been a relatively young industry and membership.  As you get older, you start to care more.  True in my case anyway.

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Wow. 18% participation from IGDA members is really bad. Not sure if that is a bad omen for the IGDA or the members but it is still bad.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Hrmm, it's nearly double from last year. I know it's not a great number, but the future looks good...

Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm
Andrew EisenAnd the fact that it was curated by some random person on Twitter should have been another.11/22/2014 - 6:48pm
Andrew EisenYep, it's pretty clear that whoever at the IGDA grabbed that list, didn't look at it first. I think the fact that there's over 10,000 names on it should have been a bit of a red flag.11/22/2014 - 6:44pm
Wonderkarppenguin books is on the list. wow.11/22/2014 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpthats better, though I'd prefer something a little more than a simple tweet, I'll take it.11/22/2014 - 6:37pm
Andrew EisenKate Edwards' Twitter: "like people, tools are imperfect; we've removed it for now."11/22/2014 - 6:35pm
Andrew EisenHard to say with any certainty but it appears it at least understands the tool didn't do what it thought it did.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
WonderkarpI've yet to find the IGDA responding too the situation other than deleting a link.11/22/2014 - 6:34pm
Matthew WilsonI hope the IGDA understands why its a mistake, that's all I want.11/22/2014 - 6:33pm
Andrew EisenHeh, lawyering up would be grossly overracting! And really silly. Well, if what the IGDA did say was not enough for you, try contacting them and letting them know how you feel.11/22/2014 - 6:31pm
Wonderkarpall I want is an apology from the IGDA. nothing fancy, not even addressed to me. Just something that says, "We messed up. We're Sorry" thats it. Not exactly those words except Sorry. If I was overreacting, I'd be lawyering up.11/22/2014 - 6:29pm
Andrew EisenI get it, I just think you're taking it the wrong way and overreacting.11/22/2014 - 6:27pm
Wonderkarpatleast Matthew understands why I am miffed at that list11/22/2014 - 6:26pm