IGDA 2011 Election Results

March 24, 2011 -

The 2011 International Game Developers Association elections are over and the votes are in. This year’s votes did not manage to meet a quorum. Under the rules of the group, this gives the IGDA the right to hand pick its board members. The IGDA did say that member participation in this year's election was up 18 percent from 11 percent last year.

From the group's site:

"Since we did not meet quorum, the election was declared void and the Board this morning selected the new board members. As is custom, we decided to select the top five vote getters for the five available seats. Since one of the seats was only for a one year term (vacated by Gordon Bellamy upon taking the Executive Director position), the person with the fifth highest vote count was selected to that seat."

Selected to the four available 3-year seats:

Brian Robbins, Founder, Riptide Games Total Votes: 549
Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment Total Votes: 532
Dustin Clingman, CEO, ZeeGee Games Total Votes: 517
Cordy Rierson, Director, University Talent Development, Microsoft Game Studios Total Votes: 480
Selected to the one available 1-year seat:

Scott Berfield, Executive Producer, Center for Serious Play, University of Washington, Bothell Total Votes: 476

The rest of the vote tallies can be found on the IGDA.

Posted in

Comments

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Agreed.  I voted for the first time this year.  I think what we are seeing is the maturing of the membership.  Not a lot of younger people vote and this has been a relatively young industry and membership.  As you get older, you start to care more.  True in my case anyway.

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Wow. 18% participation from IGDA members is really bad. Not sure if that is a bad omen for the IGDA or the members but it is still bad.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: IGDA 2011 Election Results

Hrmm, it's nearly double from last year. I know it's not a great number, but the future looks good...

Poll