Family Affair: GameStop Robber Joins Son in Jail

March 25, 2011 -

On March 17 we chronicled a father and son who were wanted for robbing several retail locations in North Carolina and South Carolina. The son, 18-year-old Shawn Douglas Hefner was nabbed by police, but his father, Douglas Hefner remained at large. A third person, 29-year-old Thomas Douglas Barr, was apprehended at the same time as Shawn Douglas.

It looks like police have caught up with the father. Douglas Scott Hefner was arrested Wednesday on outstanding warrants from the York County Sheriff's Office and other jurisdictions. The senior Hefner was caught by police after trying to sell video games to a GameStop in Greenville, S.C. Apparently he'd forgotten that he stole some of those games from a GameStop in the first place. Oops.

According to police, about $60,000 in stolen merchandise was recovered during his arrest. Some of it had already been reported stolen from multiple GameStop stores. Police say that the three men are responsible for the theft of eight cars and a dozen break-ins in North and South Carolina since the fall of 2009.

Additionally Angela Barr was charged with three counts of chop shop/altering, destroying or disguising a vehicle ID number and three counts of receiving stolen goods. All three men are being held at the York County Detention Center, while Angela Barr was released on bond. We assume that Angela Barr is the wife of Thomas Douglas Barr.

Source: WSOC TV

Comments

Re: Family Affair: GameStop Robber Joins Son in Jail

He probably thought Gamestop was a franchise, and word wouldn't get out so fast.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am