Nintendo Issues Statement on Black Screen 3DS Crashes

March 29, 2011 -

Apparently, a fair amount of Nintendo 3DS owners are claiming "black screen" crashes when using their freshly-purchased 3D hand-held. Nintendo has responded to these reports with some words of advice on how to deal with the problem:

"If anyone is experiencing any problems with their Nintendo 3DS console, we recommend that in the first instance they download and install the latest system update, now available online," read a Nintendo statement.

"If the problems still persist we recommend they contact their local Nintendo Customer Service centre to investigate the problem further."

The specific source of the problem remains unknown, and is not exclusive to any particular game or application.

We will continue to follow this story as it develops.

Source: TVG

Comments

Re: Nintendo Issues Statement on Black Screen 3DS Crashes

First thing I did after getting my 3DS online was update the firmware and so far no crashes yet (playing Rayman 3D). I'll have to see if any occur after playing some more later on.

THANKFULLY I didn't come across the hinging issue either as that was very concering.

Re: Nintendo Issues Statement on Black Screen 3DS Crashes

Hinging?

Re: Nintendo Issues Statement on Black Screen 3DS Crashes

There is various complaints about the 3DS screen hinges being very loose straight out of the box. If this continues the 3DS will the XBOX 360 of consoles but with a much lower failure rate.

Re: Nintendo Issues Statement on Black Screen 3DS Crashes

Good thing I decided to wait.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

prh99Probably not unless you can prove they knew and did nothing. ianal01/30/2015 - 12:16pm
InfophileIs it possible to sue advertisers for breach of contract or something if they do that? Or sue the ad providers if they don't take reasonable measures to enforce their rules on advertisers?01/30/2015 - 12:06pm
prh99AdBlock fixes the problem :) Since these ad network do a terrible job at screening. With the recent exploits for Java and Flash, it's just a mess.01/30/2015 - 11:46am
Neo_DrKefkaHad my browser hijacked five times in a row well trying to view this site.01/30/2015 - 11:18am
Wonderkarpafter deep thought, I can live in a world with 2 Ghostbusters Franchises. Though I highly doubt the new film will top the original(And still wish it were a sequal), The new film's cast won me over hardcore.01/30/2015 - 10:43am
PHX Corphttp://www.tssznews.com/2015/01/30/former-sega-of-america-employees-voice-mistreatment-greed-racism/ there is alot of problems with sega but this is new01/30/2015 - 9:33am
ZippyDSMleehttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/410086446201/29/2015 - 9:12pm