ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

April 21, 2011 -

Guess who else is doing the happy dance over the FTC’s recent findings that the video game industry continues to surpass all others when it comes to retail enforcement.

That’s right, it’s the Entertainment Software Association, the industry trade group for video game publishers in the U.S.  Said ESA president Michael Gallagher:

“The ESRB is the gold standard. Our self-regulatory system works and this FTC report validates it as being the best in the entertainment industry.  We have an unparalleled commitment to working with parents, retailers, and stakeholders, and will continue to help ensure that this remarkable level of enforcement remains high.”

AE:  Ooh, burn!

“We look forward to building on this level of success.”

You can read the entire news release at the ESA’s website.

-Reporting from San Diego, GamePolitics Contributing Editor Andrew Eisen

Comments

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

Once upon a time, there was a lawyer who would have threatened to sue at just those words... :)

==============

James Fletcher, member of ECA Canada

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

A lawyer, like so many others like him, will only be remembered in fairy tales.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

Waaaaaaait, wait, wait, wait...

THIS GUY WAS REAL!?!

============== James Fletcher, member of ECA Canada

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

Very, very real.

Hide yo' kids. Hide yo' wife. And hide yo' vidjagames, cuz they suin' errbody up here.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

"“Those who would criticize the industry’s commitments are either ignorant of facts or are actively pursuing a political agenda.”

AE:  Ooh, burn!"

Aww snap!

This calls for celebration! Schroeder, give us a tune!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Re: ESA Pleased With FTC Findings Too

In other news, the sky is blue.

Poll