Iowa Teacher Charged for Strip Video Game, Other Bizarre Behavior

April 22, 2011 -

You cannot make up the tale of 53-year-old Larry David Twigg. The now former Waterloo, Iowa teacher was found guilty earlier this month of coercing a 17-year-old student into all kinds of strange pseudo sexual acts at his home. According to news reports, in 2010 Twigg brought a 17-year-old male to his home and coerced him into several bizarre acts including making snow angels in his yard wearing only his boxers, playing "strip video games" where every time the boy lost a life he would have to take off an article of clothing, and pouring chocolate syrup on the boy while he showered. The unnamed student also claimed that Twigg spanked him.

The defense argued that the acts were not sexual and that Twigg suffered mental problems after hitting his head in a traffic accident.

Minnesota psychiatrist Dr. Thomas Gratzer, testified that Twigg’s actions both seemed to confirm and contradict standard sex offender behavior.

"The most obvious thing would be that it’s sexual, that’s how you interpret it," Gratzer said.

Assistant Black Hawk County District Attorney Dustin Lies dismissed during closing arguments the idea that Twigg lacked mental capacity.

"I would submit to you that he was exactly himself that day," Lies said.

The jury agreed with the State and convicted the former teacher for all five counts of lascivious conduct with a minor. The charges are misdemeanors and carry up to one year in jail each. Sentencing is to take place at an undetermined date.

Source: KCRG

Posted in

Comments

Re: Iowa Teacher Charged for Strip Video Game, Other ...

I like how the attourney's name is Lies. So fitting.

Re: Iowa Teacher Charged for Strip Video Game, Other ...

In related news, "Clothing-Optional Game Night" is born across the United States.

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am