Report: Wii Budget Range Planned

May 3, 2011 -

According to an internal document cited by Eurogamer, Nintendo plans to create a budget range of Wii titles. Nintendo plans to introduce a line-up of lower-priced Wii software, which will consist of repackaged first-party titles according to the report. Some of the games that will be part of this range include Mario Super Sluggers, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. These and other titles will retail for $19.99 each.

The launch will supposedly coincide with a Wii system price drop. A new Mario Kart bundle priced at $149 (down from $199) will also be introduced.

The follow-up console to the Wii will be revealed next month during the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. Nintendo has not confirmed that this story is true.

Source: Eurogamer

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Wii Budget Range Planned

I believe that this would dispute the last sentence:

www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110425_4e.pdf

Not only that, there's an article on GameInformer.com with Shigeru Miyamoto confirming the release of Wii2 at E3.

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Report: Wii Budget Range Planned

Nobody's questioning the release of the Wii's successor. Nintendo confirmed that before the story ran in GI.

The writer is saying that Nintendo hasn't confirmed whether or not they're going to be releasing the $19.99 software or the Mario Kart Bundle.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Report: Wii Budget Range Planned

Okay.  That makes a bit more sense, but with where that last sentence is put, it doesn't look like that's what they were trying to say.

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Report: Wii Budget Range Planned

Well, it seems Nintendo confirmed the story, so I guess the point is moot anyway. XD

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com