Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

May 4, 2011 -

Seeing as Kotaku and about a thousand other outlets outed Nintendo's big plans to create a budget range and release a new lower priced system bundle, it makes sense that Nintendo would simply come clean. Today the company did just that, announcing plans to release a new Wii system bundle. The new bundle will retail for $149.99, and will come with Mario Kart Wii and the Wii Wheel accessory. The new price is for both black and white system models. The new bundle will be available May 15 - well before Nintendo's big system reveal at E3.

Nintendo also revealed its new budget range - first-party titles for the low price of $19.99. The budget range will initially feature Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing: City Folk and Mario Super Sluggers

Source: Joystiq

Posted in

Comments

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

I thought Wii Sports already comes bundled? Or did they de-bundle it and I just missed it?

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

Two possible explanations.

A) They're probably taking out Wii Sports and Resort in favor of Mario Kart. $150 for a Wii and a $50 MSRP game (a really great one at that) isn't a bad deal no matter how you slice it.

B) They're selling Wii Sports seperately to help cater to the people who bought their Wii second-hand, like at a yard sale, or from a Pawn Shop or Gamestop.

I'm leaning toward A, but I see no reason why it can't be both.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

Oy.....how many pennies dose it take to put the wii ports crap in? Nin... you fail!

---

Re: Nintendo Confirms Budget Range, New Wii System Bundle

I wonder how Microsoft and Sony would feel about your comments regarding their "crap".

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Andrew EisenHaven't read it yet. I'm sharing this because I love the header image. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/gamergate-should-stop-lying-to-itself.html10/21/2014 - 3:39pm
james_fudgeYou are one of us, you're a GPer, not a GGer :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
james_fudgeNeo_DrKefka: half of them don't know who that is, so no worries :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
Andrew EisenUpdate to the Paranautical Activity story. Dev leaves the studio. http://codeavarice.com/post/100592709238/mike-is-leaving-code-avarice10/21/2014 - 1:52pm
quiknkoldI'm sure you are, Andrew10/21/2014 - 1:44pm
Andrew EisenNintendo announced the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors. No idea how Nintendo expects anyone to give a toss if it don't tell us what it does. Then again, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly.10/21/2014 - 1:25pm
Neo_DrKefkaSo Gamergate compared me to leftist Saul Alnsky....ME off all the people10/21/2014 - 1:16pm
IanCWell.... quite.10/21/2014 - 1:10pm
Andrew EisenWell of course. Girls don't buy figurines and guys don't buy figurines of girls. And no, the girls that buy figurines and the guys that buy figurines of girls don't count. The money belongs on the table, thank you very much!10/21/2014 - 12:43pm
IanCI have 3 of the Disney Infinity figures even though i don't have the game (Rapunzel from Tangled, and Anna & Elsa from Frozen, purely because its the only way to get figures from those two films)10/21/2014 - 12:23pm
Andrew EisenGlad you said "Pokemon." That's the first time I've seen anyone use that abbreviation.10/21/2014 - 12:14pm
MaskedPixelanteGot my demo key for ORAS, hope I get some awesome Pokemon to bring over.10/21/2014 - 12:08pm
E. Zachary KnightNot owning a WiiU helps too.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
E. Zachary KnightI have avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity so far, so I don't see how Amiibos will get me in their grasp.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
Andrew EisenYes, GamerGate has a lot of fair-weather friends.10/21/2014 - 11:25am
Neo_DrKefkaI'm disheartened we have a group of people in Gamergate such as The Ralph Retort that is using Gamergate to prop themselves up but they are acting just like those they are fighting against. Only gaming site coming out of gamergate that worthy is TechRaptr10/21/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenNot I. I'm not interested in desktop tchotchkes. Don't know what they do in Captain Toad (a game I'll actually be picking up) but I'm not impressed by what they do in Smash Bros.10/21/2014 - 11:10am
quiknkoldso in a change of subject to something much lighter, who here is getting the Amiibos? I have 4 preordered.10/21/2014 - 7:02am
TechnogeekFor a change of pace, here's a story about death threats aimed at games industry employees via Twitter that has nothing whatsoever to do with Gamergate: http://kotaku.com/indie-dev-threatens-gabe-newell-has-game-removed-from-164867886910/21/2014 - 4:38am
MechaCrashThey aren't being held accountable because *this is what GamerGate is really about.* Hatred and harassment under a thin veneer of concern for ethics; it's a rotten movement right down to the core. Related: http://tinyurl.com/o5mamgn10/21/2014 - 1:53am