IGN Confirms Purchase of UGO

May 5, 2011 -

News Corp. subsidiary IGN Entertainment confirmed today that it is purchasing Hearst Corporation's UGO Entertainment. Earlier this week reports surfaced that the high profile video gaming network would buy UGO and be spun off as a separate entity.

"This instantly catapults us to another level and positions us to serve and entertain tens of millions more fans," IGN president Roy Bahat said in a statement. "We look forward to providing an even richer service for users and advertisers. We are now actively considering a range of options to maximize IGN's long-term value."

In buying UGO Entertainment, IGN adds UGO.com and 1UP.com to the IGN family, along with the UGO ad network. Under the terms of the agreement, Hearst becomes an IGN shareholder and will have a say in how this new business is grown.

IGN claims that this new deal means the combined company is capable of reaching 70 million monthly visitors in the 18-34 male demographic range. IGN reaches 40 million, according to the announcement, with UGO sites adding 30 million more. ComScore rates their traffic a little higher, but those figures are in the ballpark.

IGN Entertainment is comprised of multiple game related web sites including IGN.com, Direct2Drive, GameSpy, FilePlanet, TeamXbox, and AskMen. The company also has an editorial deal with GameStop.com.

Source: Gamasutra

Comments

Re: IGN Confirms Purchase of UGO

Meh. Can't spell "Ignorance" without "IGN", I always say.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm