Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

May 6, 2011 -

Eidos and Square Enix announced today that the Windows version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will use Valve's SteamWorks DRM solution. The long-awaited sequel will support SteamWorks features such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud support. Square Enix did not disclose whether the digital version of the game would support SteamWorks across all platforms such as Direct2Drive, GamersGate, or GameStop's recently acquired Impulse platform.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is available now for pre-order on Steam at a special limited-time pricing of $44.99 (standard version) and $53.99 (Augmented Edition), for release on August 23 in North America. The Augmented Edition comes with a digital 40-page art book, a "making of" special, trailers, an animated storyboard of the CGI trailer, a motion graphic novel, soundtrack, and a free download of the Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition. Find out more here.

Comments

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Good news. Steamworks is definitely the best DRM/platform out there and I have never had a major problem with it. Games For Windows on the other hand has always been a nightmare to deal with.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Agreed n Steam, but I've never had problems with GFWL.

However, it's being released on August 23... my birthday.... hmmmmm....

---

With the first link, the chain is forged.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

My problems with GFWL:

1. No Instant Messaging. What is the point in the whole platform as a means of communicating with friends and other players if you have to practically send EMAILS to them?

2. Password Recovery: I've forgotten my hotmail \ Live password and recovering it has been a nightmare. Someone appears to have changed my recovery email address so I'm unable to get it that way. Instead I have to log a ticket and enter some account information, but all 3 attempts have been declined. That's my real name, address, credit card info, DOB, recent emails - the lot, but, no, it's not enough. Now I just want to speak to someone in person to sort it out but the system doesn't make that easy. Until then I can't play a new GFWL game with my usual gamertag.

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

leasts its better than most forms of malware from ubi,ect

---

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution to use SteamWorks

Another upcoming PC game + SteamWorks...most disappointing thing I've heard all day... Then again, Square Enix.....who also published SupCom II and that ended up being SteamWorks, so it's not surprising.

BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm