Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

May 9, 2011 -

Sony Japan says that its PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services may not come back online until the end of May. Speaking to http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-09/sony-s-playstation-qriocity-ser... ">Bloomberg by phone, spokesman Shigenori Yoshida told the publication on Sunday that the services would remain offline and that the company is uncertain as to when they will be back online. Sony shut down the PlayStation Network and Qriocity April 20 because of security breach initiated by unknown hackers.

Yoshida added that the company is testing and adopting improved security measures and that the service would "restart the services fully by May 31."

Of course "fully" means fully operational with all services intact. Sony has said in the past that it would restart some of the services sooner than later.

We will continue to follow this story as it develops.

Source: Bloomberg

Comments

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

Why do I get the feeling that throughout all this, the folks that are over running XBLA can't stop smiling?

I mean, yes you could play your PS3 offline, but you're still not getting the full experience.  I haven't fired-up my PS3 since this whole thing started.   So essentially it has been bricked and will continue to be until PSN is back up.  So I guess you could say that PS3 owners may be getting a taste of what it's like to own a 360.

By contrast, my Xbox 360 is getting a lot of play.  But then again, it always has if only because my library for it is somewhat bigger, whereas my PS3 library is made up of proprietary titles (God of War, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous) and older PS2 titles like the Kingdom Hearts series.

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

They shouldn't be because XBL has had it's share of similar problems, hasn't stopped fanboys from gloating though.

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

Supposedly, this May 31 date has been mistaken and that PSN will be back up sometime within May 2011.  Seems even more nebulous.

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

Actually the quote from Bloomberg is "by May 31". That means that the worst is May 31, but it can be anytime from now until then. So within May is right, but "by May 31" isn't incorrect. It just sounds worse, which makes better news for reporting.

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

Well, they did say that they hoped to have everything back online by the end of the month.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Sony Japan: Services Fully Restarted By May 31

And to begin activating some services even sooner.

I think they simply want to get the economy secure before making it active again.

Problem is, will there be enough users left?

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm