U.S. Army, Air Force Certify Unity Technology

May 10, 2011 -

The United States Army and the Air Force have officially certified Unity development technology for use on the military's secure networks. This includes the company's game development technology and its Unity Web Player. More importantly, this allows would-be game developers and projects designed to creates serious games and other applications to do so. This also means that software developed for training can now be installed on networks, laptops and mobile devices used in the field.

"Getting our Army Certificate of Networthiness (CoN) and being placed on the U.S. Air Force AF E/APL are big steps forward for us in government Modeling Training and Simulation licensing," commented Davey Jackson, director of simulation and visualization sales at Unity Technologies. "What is significant about this certification is that we received accreditation for the Unity Web Player in addition to the Unity development platform. This will have a huge impact on the rate at which distributed simulations can be developed and deployed."

Source: GI.biz

Comments

Re: U.S. Army, Air Force Certify Unity Technology

yeah, but VBS2 still dominates the show.

Keep in mind, this generally only says you CAN install such systems,... which system a contractor uses is still generally defined by the department or group contracting for the project.    So the next step would be departments actually asking for things to be written with Unity... though there has been some internal push for that since, well, VBS2 has its problems.....

Poll