Student Math Masters Vie for $60K in Scholarships

May 12, 2011 -

More than 100 elementary and middle school students from New York City and around the country will compete using DimensionU video game software on May 21. Students tackle fast-paced math problems over several stages in order to advance and win $60,000 in scholarship funds.

The U Games National Scholarship Tournament brings together more than 100 students who were smart enough to secure a spot in the final national competition after participating in one of 12 qualifying rounds that ran from November - April.

Using the DimensionU Games for math, the tournament is hosted by the game's developer Tabula Digita in partnership with Intel and Dell. The tournament finals will be held Saturday, May 21 at Hunter College in New York City.

During the three-hour contest, students will go head-to-head using math skills to advance through video game's timed challenges. The competition is divided into two divisions: the senior division (grades 6-8) and the junior division (3-5). To move ahead and win the tournament, students will have to beat fellow students to score the most points.

We wish all of this year's tournament participants the best of luck.

Comments

Re: Student Math Masters Vie for $60K in Scholarships

That is a cool way to test maths skills. Will you update the final result on May 21? Thank you!

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm