PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

May 15, 2011 -

By the time you read this the PlayStation Network should be back online in most regions in the United States. After three weeks of being offline, the service slowly started going back online after Sony issued a new firmware update to deal with firming up security and allowing users to change their passwords.

The first phase of the network restoration will include online play, video streaming, friends lists, PlayStation Home, and Qriocity. Unfortunately the PlayStation Store is still offline. The v3.61 is mandatory and is available now.

And on a related note Sony Online Entertainment's various online game services are coming back online this weekend as well. From the SOE Site:

"We are pleased to be back online and deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent data breach and subsequent outage.

To thank you all for your patience and understanding, we have prepared a Welcome Back Program that includes complimentary identity theft protection, free game time and special in-game items and events.

Reminder: As an added security measure, we require a password reset for your Station Account - we recommend you do this immediately."

Comments

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

And I'm already hearing rumors that hackers intend to bring the PSN back down by the 20th. Why can't they just leave it alone? ; ;

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

Wow, I am so happy the service is back again. Good news!

Re: PlayStation Network, SOE Services Back Online

Well Im glad to see that the service is back up.

MattsworknameAlso, on a less angry note, who here is playing blood borne. I get the impresion the next 5 to 6 months of my life are gonna go to this game.05/06/2015 - 1:39am
Mattsworknameacting like this.05/06/2015 - 1:25am
MattsworknameIm sorry, but at this point, Im so sick of the whole Feminist/anti feminsit insanity that i'll just say this. The radical parts of both groups have gone BATSHIT. Radicl feminists have no place in polite socity, radicl MRAs same deal. Screw the both them05/06/2015 - 1:25am
E. Zachary KnightSpoilers contained inside, but this is a great look at Black Widow's characterisation in Avengers. http://io9.com/black-widow-this-is-why-we-can-t-have-nice-things-170233303705/05/2015 - 9:57pm
WonderkarpWithout losing P.T.. Which is an awesome game.05/05/2015 - 9:04pm
WonderkarpDamnit. Not only is the P.T. Demo leaving the PSN, you also cant Redownload it! Meaning if you Delete it, its gone. http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/you-better-keep-that-silent-hills-demo-installed-you-cant-re-download-it/ Now I cant upgrade my HD05/05/2015 - 9:04pm
MattsworknameIm actaully glad to see anita doing posistive videos, I had lots of issues with her older FF stuff, but her more recent stuff is alot better and more of what I want to see, positive female charecters getting praised.05/05/2015 - 6:01pm
WonderkarpThat is one hell of a prediction from EA. I dont know if it'll hit that, but still...Battlefront...though a crippled battlefront. few games I can imagine could hit that salesnumber. Battlefront is one of them.05/05/2015 - 5:52pm
MechaCrashI wonder how much of the game they'll hold back as DLC.05/05/2015 - 5:51pm
Andrew EisenI wonder if development went so over budget that EA HAS to announce such a lofty estimate.05/05/2015 - 5:49pm
Andrew EisenYeah, best of luck and all but that strikes me as a gross overestimate.05/05/2015 - 5:47pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.vg247.com/2015/05/05/star-wars-battlefront-sales-figures-predictions/ EA its nuts. there is no way it sells 10 million copies. I will buy that game, but come on.05/05/2015 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp Sega would have to make somethign worthwhile tho....05/05/2015 - 5:41pm
Matthew Wilson@wond dont forget creative assembly. sega still has a big pc part.05/05/2015 - 5:11pm
WonderkarpI saw that. I feel like Sega is on the verge of just becoming 100% Atlus. Atlus is selling like crazy and the buzz for Persona 5 is high. Especially in my house05/05/2015 - 4:58pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/05/for-first-time-ever-sega-wont-have-a-booth-at-e3/ sega is not having a both at e3 this year. yet another Japanese developer pulling back.05/05/2015 - 4:44pm
Andrew EisenSorry, got pulled away. To expand on that, I believe the NX is much too far away for Nintendo to delay Zelda until its launch.05/05/2015 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenNo.05/05/2015 - 4:16pm
Wonderkarphey Andrew, got a question. do you think Nintendo will pull a Wii and delay Zelda onto their "new console" like they did with Twilight Princess?05/05/2015 - 4:15pm
Wonderkarpand it said it was submitted but i never saw anything05/05/2015 - 4:11pm