Sony and Rockstar Release Statement on L.A. Noire Issues

May 19, 2011 -

After pointing the finger at the newest firmware update for PS3 as the cause of the console overheating while playing its crime noire game, L.A. Noire, Rockstar Games has backpedaled today. The company released a joint statement with Sony saying that the new firmware was not the root cause of the problem. Neither company claims to know what exactly is the cause of the PS3 overheating problem related to L.A. Noire either.

From the PlayStation Blog:

"We have received a very small number of customer support questions about PS3s overheating or shutting down while playing L.A. Noire. At this time, Rockstar Games and Sony can confirm that neither L.A. Noire or firmware update 3.61 are causing the PS3 hardware to overheat. We are both committed to working hard to find solutions to this and any issues that may arise."

The post directs anyone having issues with L.A. Noire on PS3 hardware to contact RockStar's technical support or Sony's PS3 support:

Rockstar Support: www.rockstargames.com/support

Rockstar Support on Twitter: twitter.com/RockstarSupport

PlayStation 3 Support: http://us.playstation.com/support

Comments

Re: Sony and Rockstar Release Statement on L.A. Noire Issues

So...  The only two parties who could be to blame both agree that neither party is to blame?  Have I got that right?  Whose fault do they suppose it is, the customer's?

Re: Sony and Rockstar Release Statement on L.A. Noire Issues

That means that neither the L.A. Noire software or the Playstation firmware is to blame BY THEMSELVES. However, the two combined could make this happenned. Both softwares could have a part that couldn't work with the other.

It feels good to see though, that they're working together to fix this instead of throwing the blame to the other.

MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm